We are t-minus 12 days and counting for the end of an eventful 2019-2020 school year! We are awaiting detailed guidance from the state department of education to begin concretely planning for this fall, but have several contingency plans based on current CDC guidance. Once we know more, we will share our plan with all parents.
As we begin to look forward, we also want to take a moment to reflect on the past eleven weeks. Please complete this survey to let us know what, if anything, you would like to keep and what your current thoughts are about virtual vs. in-person instruction this fall. Your participation is greatly appreciated: Covid-19 Reflection Survey
The 7-12 Campus is running about a week behind on the scheduling process. Student schedules should be available in eschool the week of June 22nd. Mrs. Wright will send out notification when they are available for view. Schedule change requests will be considered over the summer by email.
5th and 6th grade students should receive information on selecting their specials for the 2020-2021 school year in the next 2 weeks. Once available the link to the sign-up form will be sent directly to 5th and 6th grade students and parents.
Chromebooks and other school supplies can be dropped off during the following times:
- K-6 campus drop off begins on Monday 6/15/2020 and continues through Friday 6/19/2020 between 8 and 4 pm. Drop off will take place at the 6th grade annex.
- 7-12 campus drop off begins on Monday 6/8/2020 and continues through 6/19/2020 between the hours of 8 am and 4 pm. Drop off will take place at the main office door. Students and parents are encouraged to return their Chromebooks as soon as they have finished their last assignment for the year.
End of Year Celebrations!
- Class of 2020 Virtual Commencement Ceremony -- June 5, 2020 at 7 pm. Seniors and their parents will be sent the Zoom link for this celebration of our graduates. The ceremony will also be posted publicly following the limited Zoom session. Each senior can send the Zoom link to 15 invitees. The Zoom audience is limited to 1000. Thank you Jostens for making this possible!
- Kindergarten Drive-Thru Graduation -- June 12th, 9 am -11 am. Kindergartners and their families are invited to drive-thru the K-6 campus parking lot to celebrate the completion of their kindergarten year. We'll be sure to get and share socially distanced photos of the special event and honor every kindergarten graduate!
- K-6 End of Year Drive-Thru Parade -- June 12th, 2-4 pm. Come see your teachers for the last time before the summer and celebrate finishing this school year!
- 6th graders, we haven't forgotten you! Details on your celebration are coming soon.
If you have questions or concerns in the last two weeks of school, please reach out to your students teacher and the building administrators.
We hope you all have a wonderful summer and we definitely hope to see you all in person in August!
Arkansas Arts Academy Admin Team